- Determine what size portable CMM you need to reach around the surface geometry of your physical mold, model or part. Size of digitizers may have limitations, although this can usually be dealt with by using the leap frog feature which can be purchased as part of the reverse engineering software plug-in.
- Determine what accuracy tolerance is required when reverse engineering your physical mold, model or part.
- It is always best to use a computer with a high end graphics card, with high end memory resources.
- Choose the CAD software that best meets your design and modifications needs.
- ReverseEngineering.com integrates with 10 of the most popular CAD/CAM packages in today’s marketplace.